Handford Hall Local Governing Body is a committee of the main board of the OMAT Trust. The OMAT Terms of Reference for Governors sets out the roles and responsibilities of the Local governing body and how it fits with the overall governance of the Trust. It is available from the OMAT website: https://www.omat.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/LGB-Terms-of-Reference-.pdf.
Membership of the Local Governing Body shall comprise not less than 8 and not more than 12 Local Governors as follows:
- At least 4 Local Governors appointed by the Trustees
- The Headteacher
- 2 Parent Local Governors
- Up to one other Staff Local Governor, employed at the school, appointed by the Trustees
Handford Hall Primary School local governing body will be reconstituted from September 2017 to reflect OMAT's Terms of reference.
Instrument of Government
HANDFORD HALL PRIMARY SCHOOL
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT
1. The name of the school is Handford Hall Primary School
2. The school is a Local Authority maintained school
3. The name of the governing body is "The governing body of Handford Hall Primary School”.
4. The governing body shall consist of:
a. 3 parent governors
b. 1 LA governor
c. 1 staff governor
d. the Headteacher
e. 0 foundation governors
f. 6 co-opted governors
g. 0 partnership governors
5. Total number of governors 12.
6. This instrument of government comes into effect on 1st September 2015
7. This instrument was made by order of Suffolk Local Authority
8. A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governing body (and the headteacher if not a governor), any trustees and to the appropriate religious body.