Art and DT
Art and DT learning is linked to the wider topic theme to contextulise learning. Children are encouraged to use a wide variety of tools and materials for drawing, painting and creating imaginative and observational three dimensional work. As well as developing their own style they look at the work of other artists and explore the use of their techniques and media. Children are taught how to select and look after a range of different materials.
We also organise 6 ART/DT Enrichment days in each academic year to enhance pupils' knowledge and skills.
At Handford Hall we have HH Art and DT Ambassadors, who are responsible for the following:
- to judge competition ART/DT work per term
- to support adults with the set up and tidy up after the whole school ART/DT Enrichment days
- to take photographs of ART/DT work and ask teachers to upload onto the drop box to share
- to support Mrs Cabras and Mrs King to organise ART/DT resources once per term in the practical room
- to organise and deliver items to teachers on ART/DT days.
DT DAY - December 2019 (for further updates please visit our Gallery)
ART DAY - October 2019