At Handford Hall we are committed to ensuring that every pupil leaves our school with high aspirations, an enduring enthusiasm for learning and the confidence to address the world on their own terms.
- We teach key skills and knowledge that leads to understanding and develops pupils’ confidence to succeed.
- We are committed to providing a caring, happy, welcoming environment that meets the needs of each child and ensures that all children have equal access to a broad and balanced curriculum including interaction with, and appreciation of, the arts and many opportunities for wider enrichment.
- We develop in children a desire for life-long learning and an understanding of different cultures, traditions and societies as well as to respect individual rights and responsibilities.
- Our learning community is facilitated by a leadership structure that clearly communicates our core purpose and direction, and a system of informed continuous professional development. Our professional staff team actively seek to take up opportunities to further their own knowledge and skills to the benefit of our schools.
- We are committed to inclusion, believing that every child has the right to succeed. We take ownership of the responsibility to ensure that any barriers to learning are overcome and that all children experience success in contexts that are highly relevant for them.
- Our parents and community are key partners and we are committed to working together to sustain a strong sense of community, promote educational achievement, raise children’s self-esteem and engender a sense of pride in our schools and communities.
Our approach to the curriculum is to provide the highest quality provision, tailoring it to the pupils’ diverse needs and utilising the skills of all our staff, to inspire all our pupils and provide them with the variety of learning opportunities to help them achieve their full potential.