My child needs extra support with learning. How can I help them?
Where possible, online teaching will be suitable for your child’s learning needs and academic ability. Teachers know your child and their learning needs well.
To help your child at home, support them by:
- reading the question/activity to them and checking their understanding
- Giving sentence starters in written tasks
- Explaining new or challenging words
- Be active -using physical ‘brain-breaks’ helps children to learn
- ‘Chunking’ learning into smaller ‘bite-sized’ activities; children get distracted when learning for long periods of time.
- Make learning fun.