Monday 1st June
Perimeter is the length measurement around a shape (imagine walking around a football pitch.) To find it you add all the lengths together (in a rectangle there will be 4 measurements to add.)
It is measured in millimetres, centimetres, metres, kilometres, inches, yards, miles ...
Don't get muddled with area, which is the measurement inside a shape (remember - penalty area in football).
Choose your Chilli Challenge - imagine walking around the shape!
How did you get on?
Watch this video: 'Message to myself in six-months time'. Listen carefully to the information as you will need to answer some questions about it.
Answer these questions:
- What did Laura say sorry for?
- What two things did she say in her defence?
- What was her hope for her future self about this?
- What phrase does Laura repeat?
- Why does she repeat this?
- What four things does Laura ask about specifically?
- What advice does Laura give herself?
- Who does she mention in particular?
Look at this information about when formal and informal language would be used
Use apostrophes (') to contract these words (Tomorrow I will share the answers)
Place the contractive apostrophe in these words