Monday 22nd June
Maths-Revise column subtraction of 3-digit numbers
1. Start by carefully reading through the Learning Reminders.
2. Tackle the questions on the Practice Sheet. There might be a choice of either Mild (easier) or Hot (harder)! Check the answers.
Learning reminders-Click to enlarge
1. Make predictions
- Look at Front Cover. Write notes to say what you notice and what predictions you can make about the book. Who do you think could be the characters in this story? What could happen?
- Listen to the story being read below from YouTube-Did some of your predictions occur?
2. Remind yourself about speech marks and reporting clauses.
- Use the PowerPoint about speech marks and reporting clauses or, if this is not possible, use the Revision Card to remind yourself.
- Complete Peter and the Wolf Sentences. You can use some of the Said Synonyms for your reporting clauses.
SORRY! I FORGOT TO ADD THIS! THANKS NOAH'S MUM!
Sounds are made when objects vibrate. The vibration makes the air around the object vibrate and the air vibrations enter your ear. You hear them as sounds. You cannot always see the vibrations, but if something is making a sound, some part of it is always vibrating.
Activity-Make your own string telephone
See below for you string telephone instructions
It is okay if you are unable to do the activity due to resources. Do not worry!