Happy Monday 3S! I hope you had an amazing weekend, rested well and spent quality time with your families.
Maths- 30 minutes
Reading- 20 minutes
Science- 30 minutes
5 ways to keep yourself amused in lockdown
Have you found any unusual or interesting ways to keep yourself amused during lockdown?
Here are twelve things that you can do at home.
Put them in an order with the most interesting at the top and the least interesting at the bottom.
Add things that you like doing that I've missed out.
Think about things that you really like doing and really hold your attention and select 5 to write about:
• reading comics
• watching TV
• computer games
• looking out of the window
• writing stories
• playing with lego
• painting or drawing
• talking to the cat/dog/baby brother, etc
• staring at the ceiling daydreaming
Here are the 5 ideas that I have had. What ideas have you got? You can use the way that I have written my ideas to write yours, if you want. The hard bit is to make each idea different. I've tried to list unusual ways to keep amused.
- You can apply to the Guinness Book of Records for the world record as child couch potato.
- You can try surfing TV channels, and see if you can keep up with the plot of 5 programmes at the same time.
- When it rains, you can play raindrop races by betting on which drop will reach the bottom of the window pane first.
- You can train the spider that lives in the plughole to be an acrobat and develop skills as an arachnid trapeze artist.
- You can draw anything from a Gruffalump eating a cheese sandwich to a Hippocrampus that is stuck in a drain.
Writing tip: make each idea different and avoid repetition or the reader might get bored. Surprise the reader so each idea is a totally new suggestion.
Sounds are made when objects vibrate. The vibration makes the air around the object vibrate and the air vibrations enter your ear. You hear them as sounds. You cannot always see the vibrations, but if something is making a sound, some part of it is always vibrating.
Activity-Make your own string telephone
See below for you string telephone instructions
It is okay if you are unable to do the activity due to resources.
Do not worry!