Provision for Special Educational Needs
We provide for all kinds of SEN included within the broad areas of need discussed in the SEN Code of Practice:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Sensory and/or physical needs.
At Handford Hall we recognise the complexity of children’s needs and try to meet them fully. Please find below a breakdown of the additional and different needs which our children have as a percentage of the school population:
SEN support – 23%
Statement – 1.5%
- Communication and interaction needs – 7%
- Cognition and learning needs – 6%
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties – 4%
- Sensory and/or physical needs – 3%
Please note: Some children have needs which fall into more than one category.