Thursday 4th June
Maths-Angles in quadrilaterals
A quadrilateral can be defined as a closed, two-dimensional shape which has four straight sides.
1. Start by reading through the Learning Reminders. They come from the PowerPoint slides.
2. Tackle the questions on the Practice Sheet. There might be a choice of either Mild (easier) or Hot (harder)! Check the answers.
Learning reminders-Click to enlarge
1. Read a poem
• Read Spaghetti Spaghetti. Read it twice: once in your head and once out loud.
• What do you like about the poem? What patterns can you notice? Which is your favourite phrase?
2. Learn Poetic Terms
• Read What is an ode? and Poetry Terms.
• Use Check the Terms to check how well you can remember each of these words. You can write notes on the sheet.
3. Read and think about poems
• Read two more poems: Apple Pie and Ode to an Olive .
• Read and think about each of the Reflection Prompts. Find someone who will listen to your answers and discuss them.
• Annotate the poems to show your favourite phrases in each.
Spaghetti-Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
- Today you are going to plan a model of a Viking shield, spear or sword.
- Use a piece of paper to draw your model on first.
- For this weekend your homework is to make a Viking shield, spear or sword