Tuesday- 28th April
Sequencing fractions- Firstly, read the learning reminders below as they they will 'remind' you of what we have previously done when working with fractions in class. Secondly, choose between the mild and hot practice sheets and have a try filling them in, using your knowledge of fractions.
Remember to check for a fractions simplest form.
E.g- 2/4 = 1/2 and 4/8 = 1/2
If you cannot open the word document- you can draw your own number line on squared paper. Use a ruler or failing that a straight edge of a cereal box and draw across 20 squares. Draw a mark at square 10 and you have marked the halfway point, or 1/2.
Today's task is similar to yesterdays but we will be comparing a new Ananse story to Mondays.
1. Read an Ananse Story
• Read Why Pig Has a Short Snout.
• How does it compare to the other Ananse story you read? What is similar?
•What is different? Which do you prefer? Why?
2. Make a summary of the story
• Use words and pictures to make a summary of the story on Story Summary.
• Try using your summary to help you to tell the story to somebody else.
3. Learn about conjunctions for time, place and cause.
• Use the Revision Cards to learn about using conjunctions for time, place and cause.
• Complete Conjunctions for Time, Place and Cause 1 or 2.