School Logo

Handford Hall Primary School

Get in touch

Contact Details

Google Search
Google Translate


Speech and Language Needs

If your child has speech and language difficulties, it is likely that they receive therapy in school.  For most children this involves an assessment and possibly regular re-assessments by a speech and language therapist (either NHS or a private therapy service that we use) along with regular, short activities based on what the therapist has recommended.  The best way to support your child during the school closures is to continue to provide a daily session that is based around speech and language.  This can be very simple activities and only needs to last for around 10 minutes.  We will endeavour to provide you with ongoing ideas for these sessions but just to get you started, here are a few ideas:


You will find more ideas and resources on the following websites:  – resources to support non-verbal communication and anxious communicators. – information and resources for using symbols to communicate. - resources to support speech and language therapy.