Wednesday 13th May
1. start by carefully reading through the Learning Reminders.
2. Tackle the questions on the Practice Sheet.
There might be a choice of either Mild (easier) or Hot (harder)!
Check the answers.
Learning reminders 1-Click to enlarge
1. Summarise the story
• Use words and pictures on Story Summary to make a version of the story: Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughters.
• You could watch the reading of the story again to help you-See video below.
• Use your Story Summary to help you tell the story to somebody else.
2. Read an imaginary letter
• Read Manyara’s Letter.
• This is a letter from the older future Manyara to her younger self. What advice does she give herself? What do you think she has learnt?
3. Now for some writing
• Use Future Letter Planner to plan a letter from a future you to you now. Think what you will be doing in the future and what advice you will give yourself.
• Write your letter out carefully.
Click to enlarge
Where did the Anglo-Saxons come from and where did they settle in Britain? Use the information to draw your own map to show the Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms.