Wednesday 24th June
Chilli Challenge 1,2,3 - How far can you get? Have a go at the additional challenge.
How did you get on?
Tomorrow you are going to start writing your wishing story.
Start thinking of two characters who will be in your story. You will create a character who was always wishing that he or she didn’t have to go to school and is now regretting their wish! The other character warns them against this.
In stories, one character often speaks and another replies. This helps move the story along and should tell the reader something about the characters.
• what’s said • who said it • how they said it.
There are some golden rules for writing speech:
1) Put inverted commas (“ ”) around what is actually said.
2) Begin a new line (paragraph) for every new speaker.
3) Always begin a new piece of speech with a capital letter.
4) Always put some punctuation at the end of the speech – . , ! or ?
5) To make it interesting, tell us how the words were spoken.
La maison – The house (4)
Revise the vocabulary and its meaning from this unit:
watches / looks at
la salle à manger
la salle de bains
the living room
the dining room
We can use this vocabulary to describe what people are doing and where they are doing it.
Elle regarde la télé dans la chambre.
She watches the TV in the bedroom.
- Remember that dans means in.
- Look at the pictures below.
- Use the grid to write sentences about what the people are doing and where it is happening.
de la musique
dans le salon.
dans la salle à manger.
dans la chambre.
dans la cuisine.
dans la salle de bains.
dans les WC.
dans le garage.
dans le jardin.
sur le balcon.