1. Start by reading through the Learning Reminders. They come from our PowerPoint slides.
2. Tackle the questions on the Practice Sheet. There is a choice of either Mild (easier) or Hot (harder)!
Check the answers I will post the answers separately
3. Finding it tricky? That’s OK… have a go at A Bit Stuck?
Learning reminders-Click to enlarge
Fractions of amounts (Answers at the bottom)
1. Write notes about an illustration
• Look carefully at the Bird Illustration-which I have put below. It is from a story about Ananse.
• Make notes about what you notice. Can you spot 10 different things? Ask somebody else to test you e.g. What is the colour of the feather near the owl?
2. Make up a story
• Use the Story Summary to make up a story about Ananse and the Birds.
• Start with the second box and then think about how the story could start and how it could end.
• Use your notes from the Bird Illustration to help you with the third box.
3. Write your story
• Write your story of Ananse and the Birds.
• Try to include sentences that use conjunctions as you do.
Ananse and the birds story summary sheet
Conjunctions- linking words
This term our History topic is all about the Anglo Saxons! Miss Samani has made a fantastic video below explaining what we are doing.
What is treasure?
Do you have an object which is precious to you?
Can you describe and write about your object?
Write your answers down in your books and send a picture of your 'treasure' to your teacher.
As we are starting our new topic, I would like you to find out the meaning of invaders and settlers? You can use a dictionary or the internet.